Laura Costas is a medical doctor (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona – 2005) and holds a Master of Public Health (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2006). In 2010, she obtained the Emili Letang End-of-Residency award from the Clinic Hospital in Barcelona, after her training in preventive medicine and public health. In 2012, she spent a year at the McGill University in Montreal (Canada) and got a valuable experience on the quantitative analyses of biases in epidemiologic studies. In 2016, she performed a stay at the Genomic Cancer Susceptibility group at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), in Lyon, France.
She holds a PhD in medicine from the University of Barcelona. In her PhD, she studied the role of reproductive factors, hormone use and endocrine disruptors in the etiology of lymphoid neoplasms, under a Rio Hortega grant. She currently works at the Catalan Institute of Oncology serving as a postdoctoral researcher for a project on early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancer based on genomics and technology development.
- Martín-Bustamante M, Oliete-Canela A, Diéguez-Rodríguez M, Benavente Y, Casabonne D, Alguacil J, Kogevinas M, de Sanjosé S, Costas L. Job-exposure matrix for the assessment of alkylphenolic compounds. Occup Environ Med. 2017 Jan;74(1):52-58.
- Costas L, Benavente Y, Olmedo-Requena R, Casabonne D, Robles C, Gonzalez-Barca EM, de la Banda E, Alonso E, Aymerich M, Tardón A, Marcos-Gragera R, Gimeno-Vázquez E, Gómez-Acebo I, Papantoniou K, Castaño-Vinyals G, Aragonés N, Pollán M, Kogevinas M, de Sanjosé S. Night shift work and chronic lymphocytic leukemia in the MCC-Spain case-control study. Int J Cancer. 2016 Nov 1;139(9):1994-2000. doi: 10.1002/ijc.30272.
- Costas L, Infante-Rivard C, Boffetta P, Zock JP , Van Tongeren M, Cusson A, Robles C, Casabonne D, Benavente Y, Becker N, Brennan P, Foretova L, Maynadie M, Staines A, Nieters A, Cocco PL, de Sanjosé S. Occupational exposure to endocrine disruptors and lymphoma risk in a multi-centric European study. Br J Cancer. 2015 Mar 5 (in press, available online).
- Costas L, de Sanjosé S, Infante-Rivard C. Reproductive factors and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: A systematic review. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. 2014; 92(3):181-93.
- Mbulaiteye SM, Morton LM, Sampson JN, Chang ET, Costas L, de Sanjosé S, et al. Medical history, lifestyle, family history, and occupational risk factors for sporadic Burkitt lymphoma/leukemia: the Interlymph Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Subtypes Project. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2014;2014(48):106-14.
- Kane E, Amstrong B, Bernstein L, Bracci P, Cerhan J, Costas L, et al. Menopausal hormone therapy and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a pooled analysis of InterLymph case-control studies. Annals of Oncology. 2013 Feb;24(2):433-41