Magda Guardiola Fernández has a degree in Biology (Universitat de Barcelona, 2008), a Master in Conservation Biology and Biodiversity Management (Universitat de Barcelona, 2010) and she is currently studying Psychology at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. She has a research background on Next Generation Sequencing technologies and genomics.
She joined the Cancer Epidemiology Research Program in 2017 in the framework of the SCREENWIDE study, focused on early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancer through genomics and technology development.
- Guardiola M, Wangensteen OS, Taberlet P, Coissac E, Uriz MJ, Turon X. Spatio-temporal monitoring of deep-sea communities using metabarcoding of sediment DNA and RNA. PeerJ (2016) 4:e2807 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.2807
- Guardiola M, Frotscher J and Uriz MJ High genetic diversity, phenotypic plasticity, and invasive potential of a recently introduced calcareous sponge, fast spreading across the Atlanto –Mediterranean basin Marine Biology (2016) 163:123
- Guardiola M, Uriz MJ, Taberlet P, Coissac E, Wangensteen OS and Turon X Deep-Sea, Deep-Sequencing: Metabarcoding Extracellular DNA from Sediments of Marine Canyons PLoSONE (2015) 10(10): e0139633.
- Guardiola M, Frotscher J and Uriz MJ Genetic structure and differentiation at a short-time scale of the introduced calcareous sponge Paraleucilla magna to the western Mediterranean Hydrobiologia, Volume 687, Issue 1 (2012), Page 71-84.
- Agell G, Frotscher J, Guardiola M, Pascual M and Uriz MJ Characterization of nine polymorphic microsatellite loci for the calcareous sponge Paraleucilla magna Klautau et al. 2004 introduced to the Mediterranean Sea Conservation Genetics Resources Volume 4 (2012) Page 403-405.